Saturday, April 16, 2011

Gundam Wing


So...it's been a long time since I watched Gundam Wing, but I'll try my best to review it. The storyline is that the colonies have bad living conditions, and they blame the people on Earth for it. Five different professors made five different Gundams based off a blueprint of the Gundam Wing Zero. Five different pilots fly them to Earth, but they don't know about each other. And so, they try to take out the Romefeller Foundation. That's the initial story, but it gets more complex later.



The characters....back then, I thought that this show had some awesome characters. Heero Yuy, pilot of Gundam Wing. Duo Maxwell, piolot of Gundam Deathscythe. Trowa Barton, pilot of Gundam Heavyarms. Chang Wufei pilot of Gundam Shenlong. Quatre Raberba Winner, pilot of Gundam Sandrock. All very underdeveloped characters. Heero Yuy is very irrational in the beginning, and he doesn't get much better later on.

The music is....I can't remember much about the music except when they fight. Heero's theme pops up and he proceeds to kill some soldiers. The openings stand out pretty well, but it does get annoying sometimes. Other than that, I can't remember much.

Overall....Gundam Wing is not one of my favorite shows. It's characters are unlikeable, and that destroys a big part of my experience. As MAHQ says (I think its from MAHQ) thousands of soldiers die in Gundam Wing and you don't care about them. A single person dies in Gundam 0080 and you cry.

Rating: 5/10

2 comments:

  1. y only 5 out of 10. this is the anime that really got me into it after tenchi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, rating is very subjective. By the time I watched this show...the whole thing didn't work for me. In the beginning, Heero kept randomly trying to kill himself. And even though he knows how tough the Gundam are, he still tries to destroy his with a missile/torpedo. And Relena didn't do much. And....I should be saying these things up there huh?

    ReplyDelete